The Plus Program
is the loyalty program for all Kroger brands which includes Kroger, Ralphs, Dillons, Smith’s, King Soopers, Fry’s, QFC, City Market, Owen’s, Jay C, Pay Less, Baker’s, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Pick ‘n Save, Metro Market, and Mariano’s.
Just register for an online Plus account
or in the Kroger app and check the My Sale Items link
. It’s your personal match-up list, updated every week. You'll see the items you purchased in the past, the current prices, and details of any digital coupons or promotions associated with each item. Simply click the items to save each one to your customized shopping list.
Use the website to add to your personalized shopping list with digital coupons. Go to the Digital Coupon section
and look on the left side for the box that says “Special Savings.” Click on Digital Coupons, Weekly Digital Deals, and click on “Savings For You” to see personalized offers. Just click on offers or items to add them to your shopping list.
Program features and benefits include the following.
- Sale prices. They are effective only if you use your loyalty card (or phone number) at the register. Check the Weekly Ad online to plan your savings.
- My Sale Items section: Start by checking your personalized section that shows items you’ve purchased in the past at their current sale or regular price matched with any available digital coupons or promotions. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
- Special promotions. These give money off each item when you buy a minimum quantity of participating items. A common example is “buy 5, get $5.00 off.” As long as you’d use the items, stocking up on promotion deals is a great way to save. You can combine coupons—either paper or digital— with promotion items to save even more.
- Weekly digital deals. These are specially-priced sale items that change each week. You can buy up to 5 of the items in the same transaction at the special price. You must go into your Kroger Plus account and click the deal in order to get the price. The store shelf tag will show the digital sale price, but you won’t get that price if you haven’t clicked the offer in advance—either on the website or in the app. PRO TIP: Always have the app so you can add deals and coupons while you shop.
- Digital coupons: These are cash-off coupons that you click, and the value of the coupon will come off at the register. Many coupons allow you to use it up to 5 times in one transaction, so you’d be wise to stock up if the math is good. The details are clearly noted on each coupon.
- Savings For You: Look in the Special Savings section on the Savings Page and you’ll find personalized coupon offers. Click on the item picture to see what the item’s price is, and decide if it’s a good deal for you.
- Cash-back offers: Find cash-back offers in the app on hundreds of items, including high-value offers on beer and wine. Simply click the offer in your account. If you buy the item, the cash-back value will be deposited in your cash balance within your Kroger Plus account. You can cash out the funds to your Shopper’s Card and use them on your next Kroger purchase. You can also transfer the balance to a PayPal account once it reaches $20.00.
- Fuel rewards. You’ll automatically earn fuel rewards—1 point per dollar spent. One hundred points earns $0.10 off per gallon, and you can save up to $1.00 per gallon in a single transaction. Your store receipt will show your current Fuel Rewards balance and the points expiration date.
- Kroger Community Rewards. If you register for this program on Kroger’s website and select your favorite charity, a percentage of your spending will go to that charity each quarter. This is an easy way to support your community at no extra cost. You can see how much your spending has earned for your selected charity in the Community Rewards section of your profile.
You’ll see the most dramatic savings by taking advantage of the approximately 20 Weekly Digital Deals, which will be highlighted in the store ad. I calculated the coupon savings for one week’s Digital Deals, and the savings was an average of 32 percent off the regular price. Some items’ savings were as high as 67 percent. In other words, you don’t want to miss these deals. You can also go to Kroger.com and navigate to the list of Weekly Digital Deals by going to the Savings section, selecting Digital Coupons, and using the options on the left side of the page to filter Weekly Digital Deals. You’ll see the item’s price with the coupon, and you can click through to see what the item’s regular price would be. Knowing how deep the discount is will help you decide if it makes sense to stock up with as many as 5 items.