If you or someone you love has diabetes, you know the importance of A1c checks 2 to 4 times a year. And when you’re busy, the CVS MinuteClinic® makes testing easy and convenient so you can cross it off your “to do” list. Better yet, on Tuesday October 24th the CVS Minute Clinics will be giving FREE A1c checks during regular operating hours, sponsored by Meta’s new Daily Blood Sugar Control product (excluding MA, VT and TX). No appointment necessary.
If you don’t know your blood glucose levels, this is an easy way to find out what your levels are at no cost. Go to MetaWellness.com to get more information about maintaining healthy blood sugar levels and to get money-saving coupons!
Blood sugar is your body’s main source of energy, and maintaining healthy levels is important. Meta Daily Blood Sugar Support is an over-the-counter supplement formulated with 100% natural psyllium husk which is clinically proven to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels as part of your diet. You can get money-saving coupons here. Be sure to check your CVS app for additional Meta coupons.
Without lifestyle changes to improve their health, 15% to 30% of people with impaired fasting glucose levels will develop type 2 Diabetes within five years, and 86 million Americans have imparied fasting glucose. Do you? Find out easily with your free A1c check at CVS on Tuesday 10/24.
Get answers to your blood sugar questions HERE
Get 5 Simple Tips to follow a healthy blood sugar diet HERE
More easy tips for eating healthier include:
- Read and compare food labels for calories when grocery shopping.
- Replace your high fat snacks with fruits, low fat yogurts or a tablespoon of unsalted nuts
- Take the time to look over the menu for lower calorie options when eating out
- Bring your lunch to work so you can be aware of your calorie intake
- Carry a water bottle to work and make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day
- Always eat breakfast. People who do not eat breakfast are more likely to be sluggish and eat more the rest of the day
- Choose to have the steamed, grilled or broiled options instead of ordering fried or sauteed foods.
- Always order gravy and salad dressings on the side putting you in control of the amount you use.
Tips on living a more active life:
- Start today. Walking is a great way to get started. Start out slow and take a 5 minute walk for 5 days a week and slowly add more time to your walk until you reach 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week.
- Sneak exercise into your daily life. Take the stairs, take a walk during your lunch break, use a pedometer to track steps, park further from the entrance at work or doing errands.
- Get social. Join an exercise class. Pick a friend and exercise together.
This post is sponsored by P&G and Meta Health although the opinions shared are mine. In fact, I’ve personally used Metamucil for 30 years for the numerous preventive health benefits of psyllium, and of course I use their coupons too!